Get Ahead at Work is a new method specifically tailored to the needs of students studying Ciclos Formativos de grado superior de las familias profesionales de Administración y Gestión y de Comercio y Marketing, which are the following:
• Familia de Administración y Gestión:
— Administración y Finanzas.
— Asistencia a la Dirección.
• Familia de Comercio y Marketing:
— Comercio Internacional.
— Marketing y Publicidad.
— Transporte y Logística.
— Gestión de Ventas y Espacios Comerciales.
However, it is also suitable for Ciclos Formativos specialised on Tourism.
This course provides students with basic and necessary English to enable them to develop in today’s professional world.
The content of the book follows the academic syllabus of these studies and adapts to the self-reflexive demand of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
In Get Ahead at Work students can practice both the receptive and productive skills of the foreign language: listening, reading, writing and speaking, through up-to-date readings and motivating meaningful activities. Grammar and Vocabulary exercises are all included in the student’s book so that students can use it as a workbook too.
Apart from individual and group class work, students will also be required to work in teams to search for extra information in order to expand their knowledge (projects, handling helpful websites, etc.). Special emphasis is placed on developing oral skills, as communication will be crucial in the professional development of our students.
Key features include:
• Varied topics related to Administration, Commerce and Tourism.
• Vocabulary activities with a special focus on vocabulary in context.
• Grammar reference with further activities.
• Relevant listening materials.
• Communicative speaking activities.
• Interesting reading texts from different sources.
• Varied and useful writing practice.
• Self-assessment sections in every unit.
• Warm-up and Let’s leave the book aside for a while sections.
The teacher’s book is a helpful and flexible guide for teachers which includes teaching notes, suggestions for class work and solutions to the exercises as well as unit, term and end of year tests for two different levels of difficulty.